Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Spiritual Blunder

So today at school, I spent some time complaining to one of my more spiritual colleagues. I was complaining about these Tuesday morning assemblies where we pack all 1200 of our kids into the hot, hot, humid gym and expect them to know how to use a microphone to make their announcement audible and interesting for the student body, to most of whom their announcement does not apply. There's plenty to complain about. So at the end of my complaint, my colleague says, "Well, girl, you've just got to keep in mind that better days are coming." So, in all of my logical, non-spirtitual doubt I say, "and just when are those days going to come about because we have these assemblies all year." Well, you should have seen the look on her face when she had to explain to me that the "better days" weren't going to grace me with their presence until I'm dead. And then, they're only going to be better IF I get into heaven, and I'm just not sure that's going to happen at the spiritual rate that I'm going. God help me.

1 Comments:

At 6:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha. Ha. Ha. That's a great story. Well, I think you'll make it to heaven, if that helps. :) Liz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home